2625 11th Court
Vero Beach, FL 32960
My background is inexplicably broad. One common thread throughout my technical and more creative careers has been writing and research. Writing, research, and helping others are my passions. Now, I have the opportunity to use my broad background freely and dive into freelance writing. I am so excited to be starting this venture!
Skills & Abilities
Writing & Research
• Having spent years as an engineer in research and development of high temperature materials for jet engine applications, I have no fear of technical writing or research, only a thirst for knowledge. Changing careers did not hinder this personality trait. I have continued to research to help myself and my clients.
• During my time as an engineer, I wrote dozens of technical publications. One such publication for a division of the U.S. Air Force was titled “Powder Metallurgy in Aerospace, Defense and Demanding Applications”, San Diego, CA (1993).
• Writing skills take diverse forms. During my years as a body worker I have continued writing through my blog(www.pennymichaels.com) to educate current and potential clients on the brand of bodywork that is my expertise. I also write manuals for teaching other body workers.
Communication and Cooperation
• Communication is more than being great with words. Passion is an important element. If a client feels passionate about their product, I can feel it. Then I can do my research and write about it with the same passion. Passion is Contagious!
• People skills take intention, deep listening, and a deep regard for every individual’s perspective and opinion. Although for copious years I have worked one on one, to help my clients to the best of my ability, I have developed incredible listening skills and the ability to respond with compassion and intelligence.
• In a project management setting where teams of people are working together, it takes a different kind of communication skill. Having an open mind and a courageous Spirit helps!
Private practice Licensed Massage Therapist, Bowen Therapist and Reiki Master teacher
Nationally certified continuing education provider (NCBTMB)
Vero Beach, FL
1998-2000: Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute
Fort Pierce, FL
Biomedical Marine Research
1996-1998: Boeing Aircraft
Long Beach, CA
Senior Materials Scientist
1983-1992: Pratt & Whitney Aircraft
West Palm Beach, FL
Senior Materials Engineer
FL Licensed Massage Therapist (MA 37679)
NC Licensed Massage Therapist (17766)
Approved Provider NCBTMB (451-451-10)
Education & Training:
Massage Therapy, Florida College of Natural Health, 2001
B.S. Materials Science & Engineering
North Carolina State University, 1983